Day 12:01 am
Pre-order today 12th September 2017. Release date 3rd October 2017.
Featuring audiological explorations by Field Lines Cartographer, Pulselovers, Magpahi, Howlround, Vic Mars, Unit One, A Year In The Country, Keith Seatman, Grey Frequency, Time Attendant, Listening Center, Polypores and David Colohan.
The Quietened Cosmologists is a reflection on space exploration projects that have been abandoned and/or that were never realised, of connected lost or imagined futures and dreams, the intrigue and sometimes melancholia of related derelict sites and technological remnants that lie scattered and forgotten.
It takes as its initial starting points the shape of the future’s past via the discarded British space program of the 1950s to 1970s; the sometimes statuesque and startling derelict artifacts and infrastructure from the Soviet Union’s once far reaching space projects; the way in which manned spaceflight beyond Earth’s orbit/to the moon and the associated sense of a coming space age came to be largely put to one side after the 1969 to 1972 US Apollo flights.
Both editions hand-finished and custom printed using archival giclée pigment ink by
A Year In The Country.
Preview the tracks at Soundcloud.
Further encasement details:
1) Custom printed using archival giclée pigment ink.
2) Includes 25mm/1″ badge, secured with removable glue on string bound tag.
3) Back of one insert hand numbered.
Night Edition. Limited to 104 copies. £24.95.
Hand-finished box-set contains: album on all black CDr, 12 page string bound booklet, 4 x badge pack, 4 x stickers, 1 x large badge.
Top of CD. Bottom of CD.
Further encasement details:
1) Booklet/cover art custom printed using archival giclée pigment ink.
2) Contained in a matchbox style sliding two-part rigid matt card box with cover print.
3) Fully black CDr (black on top, black on playable side).
4) Black string bound booklet: 12 pages (6 sides printed);
Printed on textured fine art cotton rag paper, heavy card and semi-transparent vellum.
Hand numbered on the reverse.
5) 4 x badge set, contained in a see-through polythene bag with a folded card header.
6) 1 x large badge.
7) 4 x vinyl style stickers.
Further audiological exploration details:
1) OPS-4 – Field Lines Cartographer
2) Lonely Puck – Pulselovers
3) Chayka – Magpahi
4) Night Call, Collect – Howlround
5) X-3 – Vic Mars
6) Voyages Of The Moon – Unit One
7) The March Of Progress/Frontier Dreams – A Year In The Country
8) 093A-Prospero – Keith Seatman
9) Phantom Cosmonauts – Grey Frequency
10) Adrift – Time Attendant
11) Mléčný Perihelion Weekend – Listening Center
12) The Amateur Astronomer – Polypores
13) Landfall At William Creek – David Colohan
Artwork/encasment design and fabrication by AYITC Ocular Signals Department
Artifact #5a / Library Reference Numbers: A010TQCN / A010TQCD