No More Unto The Dance – Dawn and Night editions pre-order
No More Unto The Dance is a reflection of nightlife memories and the search for the perfect transportative electronic beat, a collection of reverberations that have fragmented with the passing of time; a mixtape that envisions echoes of times lost in the once seemingly endless dreams of a club.
Both editions hand-finished and custom printed using archival giclée pigment ink by A Year In The Country.
Night Edition. Limited to 52 copies. £25.00.
Hand-finished box-set contains: album on all black CDr, 12 page string bound booklet, 4 x badge pack, 5 x stickers, 1 x makeup mirror, one-off unique print.
Top of CD. Bottom of CD.
Further encasement details:
1) Booklet/cover art custom printed using archival giclée pigment ink.
2) Contained in a matchbox style sliding two-part rigid matt card box with cover print.
3) Fully black CDr (black on top, black on playable side).
4) Black string bound booklet: 12 pages (6 sides printed);
Printed on textured fine art cotton rag paper, heavy card and semi-transparent vellum.
Hand signed and numbered on the reverse.
5) 4 x badge set, contained in a see-through polythene bag with a folded card header.
6) 5 x vinyl style stickers.
7) 1 x makeup mirror.
8) 1 x one-off unique print, hand signed and numbered on the reverse. Printed on textured fine art cotton rag paper.
Further encasement details:
1) Custom printed using archival giclée pigment ink.
2) Includes 25mm/1″ badge, secured with removable glue on string bound tag.
3) Back of one insert hand numbered.
Notes and Scribings:
No More Unto The Dance is a reflection of nightlife memories and the search for the perfect transportative electronic beat; a collection of reverberations that have fragmented with the passing of time.
It is a document of life once lived in the very heart of metropolises, immersed in their subcultures: a time that was predicated in part by a passion for club culture, dancing, dressing up and related explorations carried out with the obsession, enjoyment and energy of youth.
Much of that gradually (or sometimes not so gradually) faded away or took other pathways.
The world in which this recording was made does still come alive at night but it is more likely to be the nocturnal foraging and wanderings of wildlife rather than in a low-ceilinged basement lit by a strobe light.
The music presented here is the soundtrack to those basements, filtered through the looking glass of a life far removed from the bright lights and big city, the dressing up and dancing but a memory – a world far, far apart, almost that seems to belong only to the worn and aged pages of a faded, forgotten magazine.
The journey it takes envisions a mixtape of memories and echoes of those pages, of 12”s bought because of the primal rush their electronics would bring on when listened to in a record shop, the lucky dip of unknown records bought hopefully from the racks of bargain basements, the more abstract/triphop beats to be found in intriguingly designed/obscure sleeves and to times lost in the seemingly endless dreams of a club; a time when the future burned with the brightness, optimism and idealism of youth.
The album plays as one continuous 40 minute piece, which is made up of the 12 tracks below. Preview individual tracks at our Soundcloud Mark II Ether Victrola.
Memories and Echoes:
1) Dark days. 00:00.
2) Fractures. 03:16.
3) Plaintive Resonations. 06:06.
4) Future Dissolvation. 09:41.
5) Airborne At Five Minutes To Midnight. 13:13.
6) In The Midnight Sun. 15:52.
7) A Moment Of Optimism. 18:41.
8) The Experiment Ends. 23:20.
9) After The Dream. 27:06.
10) When Did It All Break? 32:21.
11) A Revisiting Of Familiar Tropes. 35:52.
12) A Fanfare And A Last Hurrah. 38:31.
Artwork/packaging design by AYITC Ocular Signals Department.
Audiological Transmissions Artifact #5
Library Reference Numbers: ATA005N / ATA005D