Day #245/365: Artifact #35/52; Michael Tanner – Nine of Swords CD album – Night/Day editions
Michael Tanner – Nine of Swords CD album. Night Edition £25.00. Day edition £18.00.
Audiological Research and Pathways; Case #3
Audiological contents: Nine of Swords (54.20 minutes).
Nine tarot cards allocated to nine sonorous, percussive instruments, played in the order of their drawing from the deck.
Night Edition: Limited to 52 copies. £25.00.
Box-set contains: album on all black CDr, 12 page string bound booklet hand signed by Michael Tanner, 4x25mm badge set & 8 x sticker set.
1) Booklet/cover art printed using archival Giclée pigment ink.
2) Contained in a matchbox style sliding two-part rigid matt card box.
3) Printed box cover print.
4) Fully black CDr (black on top, black on playable side).
5) Black string bound 12.8cm x 12.8cm booklet:
a) Hand signed by Michael Tanner.
b) Hand numbered.
c) Hand bone creased cover.
d) 12 pages (6 sides printed).
e) Contains 4 image, 1 image/credits and 1 credits page.
f) Front and rear covers are printed on 310gsm textured fine art cotton rag paper.
g) Two inner sheets are printed on 245gsm paper.
h) Two inner sheets are printed on semi-transparent 110gsm vellum paper.
6) 4 x 25mm/1″ badge set contained in a see-through polythene bag with a folded card header.
7) 8 x 35mm/1.4″ waterproof sticker set contained in a see-through polythene bag with a folded card header.
Day Edition: Limited to 52 copies. £18.00.
White/black CDr album in 10 page string bound booklet packaging hand signed by Michael Tanner.
Day Edition Details:
1) Booklet artwork printed using archival Giclée pigment ink.
2) Wrapped in wax sealed, hand stamped black tissue paper.
3) White/black CDr (white on top, black on playable side).
4) Jute string bound 14.4cm x 13.2cm booklet:
a) Hand signed by Michael Tanner
b) Hand bone creased cover.
c) 10 pages (5 sides printed);
d) Contains 3 images, one credits/image page, one credits page.
e) Front and rear covers are printed on 310gsm textured fine art cotton rag paper.
f) Two inner sheets are printed on 245gsm paper.
g) One inner sheet is printed on semi-transparent 110gsm vellum paper.
h) Hand numbered.
5) CDr held in protective fleece-lined sleeve.
All music written & played by Michael Tanner.
Recorded at Greenwitch 04/06/2014 using an X-Y positioned Beyer M101 and Shure SM57.
4 x Water Bowls. 2 x Singing Bowls. 2 x Temple Bells. 1 x Cymbals.
No plug-ins or FX were used in the making of this piece.
Artwork and packaging design by AYITC Ocular Signals Department.
An excerpt from this Audiological Case Study can be listened to via our Mark II Ether Victrola below:
Visit Michael’s work at Day #120/365 of A Year In The Country.
Visit Michael Tanner in the ether here: www.iamplinth.bandcamp.com
(where you may also find him working under the names Plinth, The Cloisters, Taskerlands and The A. Lords).
The full current library of the A Year In The Country Audiological Research and Pathways series:
Case Study #1: Grey Frequency: Immersion
Case Study #2: Hand of Stabs: Black-Veined White
Case Study #3: Michael Tanner: Nine of Swords
Case Study #5: She Rocola: Burn The Witch / Molly Leigh Of The Mother Town