Limited to 104 copies.
Free UK shipping.
Featuring audiological explorations by Field Lines Cartographer, Pulselovers, Magahi, Howlround, Vic Mars, Unit One, A Year In The Country, Keith Seatman, Grey Frequency, Time Attendant, Polypores and David Colohan.
The Quietened Cosmologists is a reflection on space exploration projects that have been abandoned and/or that were never realised, of connected lost or imagined futures and dreams, the intrigue and sometimes melancholia of related derelict sites and technological remnants that lie scattered and forgotten.
It takes as its initial starting points the shape of the future’s past via the discarded British space program of the 1950s to 1970s; the sometimesstatuesque and startling derelict artifacts and infrastructure from the Soviet Union’s once far reaching space projects; the way in which manned spaceflight beyond Earth’s orbit/to the moon and the associated sense of a coming space age came to be largely put to one side after the 1969 to 1972 US Apollo flights.
Preview the tracks at Soundcloud.
Further encasement details:
1) Booklet/cover art custom printed using archival giclée pigment ink.
2) Contained in a matchbox style sliding two-part rigid matt card box with cover print.
3) Fully black CDr (black on top, black on playable side).
4) Black string bound booklet: 12 pages (6 sides printed);
Printed on textured fine art cotton rag paper, heavy card and semi-transparent vellum.
Hand numbered on the reverse.
5) 4 x badge set, contained in a see-through polythene bag with a folded card header.
6) 1 x large badge.
7) 4 x landscape format vinyl style stickers.
Hand-finished and custom printed by A Year In The Country.
More details at the A Year In The Country site.
Further audiological exploration details:
1) OPS-4 – Field Lines Cartographer
2) Lonely Puck – Pulselovers
3) Chayka – Magpahi
4) Night Call, Collect – Howlround
5) X-3 – Vic Mars
6) Voyages Of The Moon – Unit One
7) The March Of Progress/Frontier Dreams – A Year In The Country
8) 093A-Prospero – Keith Seatman
9) Phantom Cosmonauts – Grey Frequency
10) Adrift – Time Attendant
11) Mléčný Perihelion Weekend – Listening Center
11) The Amateur Astronomer – Polypores
12) Landfall At William Creek – David Colohan
Artwork/encasment design and fabrication by AYITC Ocular Signals Department
Artifact #5a / Library Reference Number: A010TQCN